Woke up Free but Branded by his Fans Too?

>From: "Sigel, James J"
>Subject: Woke up Free but Branded by his Fans Too?

>I mean, anyone
>here ever smoke a joint?  Snort a line of coke before?  If you apply the
>above accusation and responsibility on Pete, then YOU are just as guilty
>for supporting the illegal drug trade, which in case you didn't know,
>also has financial ties to child porn, prostitution, murder, etc, etc.

Your analogy is flawed.  You are comparing apples and oranges.
The purchase of a substance for your personal use, that harms no one other
than your self (wait, I'm harshing out......give me a
sec.........................................................................
.......................................CACK!......................ok, I'm
back), vs. the purchase of a substance for your personal use where innocent
children have been directly harmed.
It's not even close.

If you want to argue about the indirect harm of those in the drug world, you
must first acknowledge that there would be no harm if said drugs were simply
legalized.  Thus, it's really the illegality as deemed by the government
that is causing the harm.
If pedophilia were deemed legal, the children would *still* be harmed.
Apples and Oranges.
Not fair.

>Granted we have parents on this list and their fear/anger is highly
>justified, but to accuse Pete of this horrible thing is a little too
>much.

No one has accused Pete of anything, from what I've read.
But, Pete crossed a line.
I think you better get used to the feelings expressed on this list.
I'm willing to bet they are the same feelings of most non-who heads out
there.

>What, you expect him to stand tall and let the shit hit him
>without flinching?

Yes, I expect him to stand tall.
I expect him to be sensitive enough to understand how upset people are that
he paid this sort of an organization, and give a heart felt apology.
Instead, he's defending himself and his actions.
It's difficult to read.  But, hmmmmmmmmm, we can't read it anymore because
apparently someone at the Pete camp felt it needed to be taken down.

>What the fuck do you want from him?  He's a brilliant artist and a
>"hero" of sorts to us all.  But behind the celebrity, behind the genius,
>he's just a skinny middle aged guy from London with a big nose and
>nothing more.

You, nor anyone on this list believes that.
Pete has consistently set a higher standard.
I want him to meet it, now.

Yeah, I'm pissed at him.
Yeah, I know he's gone through hell.
But, he's making it all worse by not addressing the hurt that he's caused.
Digging the hole deeper.

Kevin with jumbled thoughts too in VT