Re: Pete In Denial

I think he is saying that those accused and/or convicted would naturally
not like the rules.  Take for example when you get pulled over for
speeding (not comparing the severity of the crime, just the response).

I believe that he is looking at this from where he stands where he is
facing a much higher scrutiny than maybe deserved given the outcome.  He
was essentially exonerated, but to keep him in the watchful eye of the
law, they stamp him a sex offender who is bound to fuck up.