Re: tales from the Who

On Sat, 3 May 2003 18:41:07 -0700 (PDT), Anna Mormack
<carrieanne79@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>
><<3.I've only ever bought one bootleg Who album.  It
>was a double LP and the sound was so dreadful I think
>I only listened to it once.  I think the title was
>from a Tommy lyric and I bought it at a flea market.
>I take it some of these things don't sound too bad?
>Indeed they can be a crap shoot. There are only a
>handful of really good quality shows/studio bootlegs
>out there, many of which have been released officially
>in whole or in part (LAL deluxe, WN deluxe, etc.)
>however, for instance LAL deluxe is heavily edited. I
>still prefer the bootleg version.>>
>
>I also only have one Who bootleg so fa; they had an
>assload of Who boots, and some Pete solo, at the
>vintage music store in Amherst, MA, when I stopped in
>there in mid-September, a few days after Yom Kippur,
>when I was in the area again.  A lot of them were
>still there when I came back the next month for Alumni
>Weekend, but I didn't get any.  The one I do have is
>from 5 April 1968, at the Fillmore East, and the sound
>on it is great!  I can't say the same for the Pete
>solo boot I also got, 'Rough Boy.'  The sound is about
>3.5 stars, though it gets better on side two.  If I do
>why I haven't been back since October, the guy who
>broke my heart and who still lives in the building I
>used to, where religious services and meals are held!)
>later this month, I'd love to see if some of the boots
>are still at the store, in particular the Swansea boot
>and the one from I think NYC in '82.

You might want to try the WhoBoots list (you can sign up from
www.whoboots.com) if you want to avoid that guy. :)

What school did you go to up there? I spent four long years in nearby
Northampton.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org