Football Pain and Pete's blazing guitar work

>From: "Siegel, James" <james.siegel@hp.com>
>Subject: Love has been Felt Up; Redskin Rhapsody
>
>Is that a wheat beer?  Yuk.

Yuk?  No, Yummm.
And, has a distinctive opiate-type buzzz.  Very strong.

>Nah, they lost me when Kilmer retired.

Was always a Sonny man, myself.

>Never liked Theisman

Can't keep his mouth shut!

>And Dexter Manley?

A sad, sad story.

>I do feel your pain though; I'm born
>a Bears fan and I will die a Bears fan.

I'm sure you did, then, while watching Walter's last play....getting the snot knocked out of him as he flew under the Redskins bench, the result of a vicious send-off hit by our safety.

Ahhhh, the duality of man.  I'm actually a big Payton fan.

But I digress....
We're looking pretty good at the moment!

>Besides anyone who's called "Special K"
>shouldn't poke fun at other people's nicknames.

Hey, when the shoe fits!

>That also being
>said, I will NEVER tell my nickname from grammar school!

Poopie pants?  ;-)

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
>Subject: Pete's Greatest Guitar Moments
>
>Gosh, what else?  "Melancholia."  "Overture."  "Punk Meets the Godfather."
>"I'm One."  "In A Hand Or A Face."  "Imagine A Man."
>
>There are just too many.

Can't forget IOW Water.  One of my favs.

>So brilliant that one tends to start overlooking individual perform-
>ances.  There is no "bad" to juxtapose against the "good."

Come on, really?
I've found myself turning to the stereo and going "ouch Pete, what ya doin' there?".
I've also found myself dealing with smirks from friends when Pete fumbles on his own admitted slow fingers.
Don't forget what Eddie VanHeineken (recent quote on Howard Stern by David Lee tight pants) once wrote to Pete...
"Hey, just listened to LAL.  Those are some great fuck ups on there."  Or something like that.

At the same time, I've found myself on my back deck air guitaring so violently and passionately that I've gotten chills and shout out loud.
Just the other day, driving in my car and listening to Pure And Easy on WNDelux, the one part that crescendos just got me howling.  I wanted to smash something!

>From: Rich <legalize@xmission.com>
>Subject: Re: Pete's Greatest Guitar Moments
>
>For me, the version of Sparks and Young Man Blues on TKAA soundtrack
>always give me goose bumps.

Is that all ya got to say Rich!
Come on man!
You got more Who passion in you that just that!
We need Who discussions!

Kevin in VT