Re: WHO'S NEXT Deluxe Review

Scott wrote: >>There is less high-end compared to the
past release.  It has more of a "matte" finish than a
"glossy" finish, if I can borrow an analogy
from photography.<<

Good analogy.  John's bass really benefits from this
treatment - there is so much more _body_ to his notes
:-)

Jim wrote: >>Pete refers to the song as "Barge In."
Is this the same version?<<

Yes, same one.  He also says, in reference to the
dancing guy distracting him, that he's trying to
concentrate on the "chords" in the new songs... with
the "ch" pronounced like "chalk."

Jon wrote: >>I love Rabbit's playing on that song in
2002.<<

Rabbit's playing shone through beautifully this tour,
esp. on LROM, BBE (the oboe in the second verse), and
BOR (esp. at Hershey).  I got the chance to chat w/
him after HOB and complemented him esp. on BBE. He was
the epitome of graciousness in person!

>>What it deserves is  a high watt stereo<<

So far I've only listened to it in the car and on the
headphones.... sadly my big stereo is disassembled for
work in the basement, but WNDE disc 2 will be the
first to spin when I set it back up :-)

We're blessed to have WNDE to enjoy and talk about!

Ken

=====
I SUPPORT PETE TOWNSHEND.
NO 'What Ifs' NECESSARY.