Re: ICSFM & WN-D review

OOOOh, Hmm, this is going to really bother me now, because I DEFINITELY heard Pete say this within the last couple of years. This sounds like an assignment for Ken! Where did I hear him say it, Ken? (Pete commenting on the reason for not playing ICSFM live) He spoke a bit sarcastically, like we should know how hard it would be to play.
It might have been in 2000 when folks were aggravating him to play this or that in the setlist, and maybe after that occasion when someone had posted their dream setlist on his hotel door. As I recall, it was a diary entry to the effect that after they were on the road was too late to requests songs, because they had to have backing tapes or extra guitarists, etc. to play many of them. I thought ICSFM was one of those mentioned.

This was one reason I thought they planned to bring Simon along on this tour, to provide the extra guitarist. Apparently they had expected to play a number of seldom (or never) heard songs, but gave it up after John died. Perhaps they thought ICSFM suffered a little too much from the lack of John. I was really pleased with "Another Tricky Day." It was the highlight of the tour.

keets

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions