Re: harmony and understanding :-)

In article <4c.1a269878.2bafda1c@aol.com>,
    SicilianMother@aol.com  writes:

> Hmmmmm.......why are some people allowed to express their feelings and others
> aren't?

Its not a matter of expressing feelings or not.

Its a matter of having the personal self-control to
STICK TO THE TOPIC OF THE LIST.

I don't care who it is or what personal "beef" you have that you feel
you must blast out to the list.

If its not about The Who, it simply doesn't belong here.

There is nothing difficult to understand about this.

Every single person that subscribes to this list gets a welcome message.

The very first thing in the list guidelines in that welcome message says:

    "1. Relevance
    ============
    a. All articles should be related to the The Who or directly
    related in some way."

What is so difficult to understand about this, I don't know.

People have come to feel that this list is their personal soap boax to
grind their axes about politics, difficulties in dealing with other list
members, or what have you.  Well, it isn't.

Now we have to have a big meta-discussion about it as well.  I'm sure
these people understand the policy.  They are willfully ignoring it.
They rationalize their abrogation of the list guidelines by telling us
that their posts are somehow different, that they are the exception.
That is simply an ex post facto rationalization and not an excuse.

This behavior just ruins the list for everyone.  Some lists get so
ruined by those who cannot excerise self-control that they have to
become moderated in order to remain on topic, or people are simply
driven away and the only ones left are those who can shout the loudest
and the longest.

Brian Cady no longer reads this list for these very reasons.  That is a
tremendous loss, folks.  And all because some people are so wrapped up
in their own personal beefs that they cannot control themselves.  I
have several other good Who fan friends that have also unsubscribed
from this list because people can't control themselves.

The unwillingness of people to excersie restraint, self-control and
personal responsibility has turned this list mostly into a tit-for-tat
name-calling 3rd grade experience, in my opinion.  There are a very
small number of people whose posts I usually read.  Most of the posts
aren't worth reading any more.  The Who content has seemingly dwindled
to the point where I too consider unsubscribing and washing my hands
of the whole mess.

If you can't stick to the subject of the list, the answer is simple:

                            DON'T POST HERE.

Find an appropriate forum.  There are millions of forums out there for
all sorts of subjects.  If you can't find one that's appropriate, you
can create your own through places like yahoo groups and other free
list hosting services.  There is no excuse, big or small, that
exhonorates this behavior or excuses it.
--
        izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer
                <http://izfree.sourceforge.net>