Somthing Trivial-but interesting

	>From: "Schrade, Scott"
	>Subject: Re: Somthing Trivial-but interesting
>The lyrics *evolved* at live shows &
>maybe practices.

Roger's have remained the same.

>They're.....spontaneous.

Not Roger's!

>I don't
>think he has to *present* his lyrics to Pete for approval.  He may not
>have even discussed it with Pete.  Why would he?

That's not what I'm saying.
I can just see Pete giving Roger that little "whot???" glare during a show if he felt it was a fuck-up.  He would have then approached him to explain.

>> Then, it dawns (no pun) on me......sarcasm.
>
>Occam's razor, Kevin.  Occam's razor.

Where the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.  Yes, I know.

>Roger making a mistake is the
>simplest of explanations.  Admit it.

I won't!  You can't make me!
Roger being sarcastic fit's the story and *is* the simplest explanation.  And, it doesn't insult Roger's abilities, or do away with Pete's anal editorial side.
So, Occam razor this!

wait, no, ouch.

>And like I said, perhaps Pete never even caught it himself.

*You* caught it!

Or maybe he did & just didn't give a fuck.

A possibility.

>It's not a *major gaffe,* or something that's
>gonna get them sued.  It's a simple mistake of wording.

Oh agreed, but for a word-smith like Pete, it's something that should be corrected......if true.

Kevin (beating this thread to death. :-) in VT