Re: Somthing Trivial-but interesting

> What I can't seem to agree with is that Roger made a "lyrical brain
> fart", and that then Pete would not catch it, and allow it to continu-
> ally be used this way.

Why is that so hard to imagine?  The lyrics *evolved* at live shows &
maybe practices.  It's not like they're printed on the lyric sheet of
some new studio or live album.  They're.....spontaneous.

Now, maybe Daltrey sat in a hotel room one night & scribbled them down
so as not to forget them, but that's probably the extent of it.  I don't
think he has to *present* his lyrics to Pete for approval.  He may not
have even discussed it with Pete.  Why would he?  They each get a little
part at the end of the song.  They each made up their own loosely form-
ulated set of lyrics for that part.  They're more worried about song cues
onstage than lyrics.

> Then, it dawns (no pun) on me......sarcasm.

Occam's razor, Kevin.  Occam's razor.  Roger making a mistake is the
simplest of explanations.  Admit it.

> But he didn't use it wrong.  Pete wouldn't let him.
> I just can't believe Roger is a dolt.

Roger's *not* a dolt, but he's not an outstanding lyricist, either.  And
like I said, perhaps Pete never even caught it himself.  Or maybe he did
& just didn't give a fuck.  It's not a *major gaffe,* or something that's
gonna get them sued.  It's a simple mistake of wording.

> Now, Scott on the other hand...........

Yes, I prove my "doltishness" everyday.  Right here.  Enjoy!

- SCHRADE in Akron