O'Reilly's WGFA

> Yeah, I wonder if Fox got permission from Pete, unlike W.> Typical.> I can't imagine Pete permitting such on obviously > conservatively slanted program/news channel from using his music.> > Kevin in VT
Actually, Pete has no say in the matter.  Because GW Bush used it at an election party/gala/celebration, it is allowed.  It's jsut like a DJ playing it at a dance or wedding.  Had he used it in a commercial, that's a different story.  As for O'Reilly, it was on his radio show, so he can play anything he wants as bumper music w/o regard for copyright, BUT if the music goes over one minute, then the show is in violation of copyright law if permission was not given.  I would not otherwise know this but I had a sports radio show for about a year and the station told us always to be sure to keep bumper music under one minute for this reason.  I suppose O'Reilly technically violated the law.  In any event, if Pete allows his music to help sell cars and allergy medicine, I don't see why he would care if a political show used it as long as they paid for it.  O'Reilly is conservative, but not hateful or intolerant.
Mc