Re: Something Trivial-but interesting

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schrade, Scott"
<sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>

> > I don't know man, I think you're stretching here.
> > You think Roger's that dumb not to be familiar with that cliche'?
>
> He's familiar with the cliche' alright; he's just using it incorrectly.
> What he really means to say is: "What a sight I must've been."  As in,
> back in the day, I was really rough, unmolded, wild.

Sight for sore eyes : one whose appearance or arrival is an occasion for joy
or relief

Not beautiful, young, tough, or anything else.  Just welcome.  When I heard
the verse I thought, "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"  "A sight for
sore eyes?"  To whom?  Why?  Were people constantly saying , "thank God,
Roger's here!"?

Scott, your alternate line makes much more sense, although I wouldn't try to
interpret it so specifically.  Yes, he was rough and wild, but he was also
handsome, etc.  Everything that everyone has been expressing.  All in all,
quite a sight, eh?

Bottom line is I think we know why Roger didn't write more Who songs.  Some
people have a way with words and other people....er....um....not have a way.

Jim M