Re: Something Trivial-but interesting

> > Showing modesty.  Youth and beauty.
>
> I interpreted it in the same way.

Modesty?!  "Boy, was I a good-looking youngster" is a modest statement?!
Come on.

Haven't you heard people say "What a sight I must've been," or "What a
sight I must've presented?"  *That's* what Daltrey is trying to say.
Again, in the *negative* context.  As in, I was a scruffy, gang-banging,
wet-behind-the-ears, little terror.  Youth & beauty, my ass!

So, instead of just saying "What a sight I must've been," Daltrey's mind
jumped to the cliche' "a sight for sore eyes" & melded the two sayings
together, incorrectly as it turns out for the meaning intended.

I'm right.  You two are wrong.  Daltrey's daft.  Case closed.

- SCHRADE in Akron