Re: Rock Legend band

>the sheer persistence with which they pursued death through drugs and
alcohol.

Keets:

That theory is ridiculous. Both Moon and Hendrix were certainly pioneers regarding their chosen instrument on a scale not found afterwards. Watts is a fine drummer, but NO drummer (including Bonham) can touch what Moon did. For visible proof, watch the Who outtakes on the Monterey Pop DVD and see Keith play like no other human ever has, or can as far as I've ever seen.

>Simon Phillips, Ginger Baker, Zak Starkey and Carl Palmer would be
alternate choices.

Lew:

Palmer, certainly. Phillips is a bit too tame and restrained. Baker...too restricted. But all three are definitely of the "tappa tappa" timekeeping school.

>Watts' credibility has never been questioned by the *educated rock
audience.*

He's certainly a fine drummer, but Moon was more innovative and creative in every way. That has to be factored in when talking about "legends." A lot of drummers could replace Watts...look how long it took to adequately (no reflection on Zak, but he's just adequate) replacement for Keith.

>Watt's talent lies in the subtle and sublime.
Moon's natural, insane, fanatical, spontaneous value as a *pop/rock*

Rock, definitely. Not Pop. Not unless you're using the British definition.

>The Last Time & Under My Thumb?

Interesting The Who could play the Stones, but not the reverse, huh?

>Pineapples and apricots. A better comparison is Watts vs. Mick Avery.

SP:

Avery (sadly) was the least talented drummer in a major Rock band. Fortunately the Kinks' music didn't require an incredible drummer. I would have to give the nod to Watts, between those two.

>This is getting very tiresome

Mc:

Then stop misrepresenting what others say to you and you'll never have to deal with it again. You epitomize the axiom "Ignorance is bliss." But I think Kevin pinned it when he said:

>Dude, are you insane, or simply Forest Gump stupid?
Go punch yourself in the face.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
                                 Isaac Asimov

                 Cheers             ML