Yawn... have to set the record straight with Kevin AGAIN... truce proposal

>From: Sroundtable@aol.com
>Subject: Yawn... have to set the record straight with Kevin AGAIN... truce proposal

<snip>

>If you want to discuss distortion, how about your characterization of my personal e-mails as
>somehow invading your home and exposing your family to my venomous attacks, as if your wife or
>kids routinely read through your private e-mails.

<big sigh>
Yeah, I guess you addressed each to me personally.  Like "for kevin's eyes only!"
Not.
My wife and I have one shared account.  She opened several and was bombarded by your barrage of name calling.
Paint it as harmless if you wish, but I, my wife, and some others know better.

You want a truce?
You want to do this off-line on my personal account?
After the way you've responded to my attempts at humor with you?
You're certifiable.
Ain't gonna happen.
Good day.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Yawn... have to set the record straight with Kevin AGAIN... truce proposal
>
>I'd also enjoy a little less in the way of conflict.

I guess that's my fault.  I was trying to lightly engage, but it wasn't taken as such.
I've learned my lesson.
Won't happen again.

>It seems the list defaults to that at the slightest opportunity when we should
>all try to respect one another's views.

I don't believe that.
Archives clearly show conflict originates with an individual.

>The conflict cuts down on legitimate discussion, and in extreme cases, runs people off.

Agreed.  But, I think there are times when people need to get it out.  We've had many conflicts over the years between many different people.
It *rarely* runs people off.  At the moment, I can only think of one person who has left this list as a result of conflict, and that person was personally involved (see below).

>Everyone thatleaves or feels unwelcome to post cuts down on the quality of the
>discussion.

I've been preaching that for years.

>I know everyone feels they have to defend their honor (and that of their
>friends)

Well, now I think you're addressing me directly.
That's not how it is Lela.
It's just that some of us don't forget as easily as others do, apparently.

>What happened with Jeff, BTW?  I really miss him now that I'm back on the
>list.

You know full well that he left after his dispute with Mark, off list, was dragged here.
You also know you can find him on The Shout.

Kevin in VT