Re: WN on SACD

>>I will make use of these sites<<

Cool, just don't blame me for the hit your wallet
takes ;-o!

>>someone like this could be influencial in getting WN
released on SACD<<

I think he, Steve Hoffman, is well outside "The Who
Group" circle these days.  He remastered WN and MBBB
presumably for MCA.  These are still available from
HMV Canada and with the exchange rate I think my order
for both w/ SH came to a whopping $14.

Universal Music Group themselves are big behind SACD
and the MG SACD followed the DE within a couple
months.  So I think we will see one soon.  I just hope
they go ahead and do Quad also!

>>you'll spend a lot of time relistening to your CD
collection to see which are improved and which
aren't<<

I have a feeling that the SACD players also use a more
powerful Digital-to-Analog converter by default, and
this could account for some of the improved sound
quality even on non-SACD discs.  I know that when I
bought a professional DJ CD player some time ago it
had the same effect.  Right now I'm on the verge of
buying a pro-grade CDR recorder, probably one of the
Denon or Tascam units, and I'm looking forward to the
improvement in this regard.

regards,
Ken

=====