re: Strategy? yes please

>>And we still don't know that he *paid* for access!
Right Ken?  ;-)<<

You are correct, Sir. (spoken in a gravelly voice)
Without saying exactly *how* I know this, I agree with
someone who posted recently that *some* porn sites
require customers who are "just looking" before they
subscribe to enter a CC as an age verification
mechanism w/out actually charging it. One can't have
have a CC without being 18 y.o. thus of legal age to
view the material.  Then, if you look and want to
subscribe, you authorize them with a simple click of a
button to charge you a fee for one session of access,
one week, month etc.  However, most sites are very
eager to start the cash flowing from your wallet to
their's, so your card gets charged even before you get
past the front gate.  Most news accounts that make the
distinction state that Pete's CC was on a list of
subscribers. That doesn't contradict his account of
things.

>>I think it's a little early to start a campaign.
This isn't an official announcement, and I suspect we
should wait for Pete >to make some indication of how
he wants to play the announcement, if and when it
comes.
>Comments from anybody on this strategy? How does it
sound?<<

Sounds good to me. I think some of Pete's own strategy
is given in his posting of March 6th - he's sticking
to what he's said all along.  Let's wait to see what
comes out from him and then use that, as necessary, to
correct what will continue to be the inevitable
mis-reporting that we've seen all along (he
downloaded, he was producing the stuff, he's sixty
years old, etc.)

Ken

"I do not want child pornography to be available on
the internet anywhere at any time." PT 11/01/03

=====
I SUPPORT PETE TOWNSHEND.
NO 'What Ifs' NECESSARY.