Re: pete jokes: my views+ my frustrations

carrieanne79@yahoo.com writes:

> He and my 16 year old
> brother (who isn't even a fan, let alone has never
> even listened to any of his music)! are convinced Pete
> is guilty because of the initial distortion and
> slander, and don't care to read articles pointing out
> the truth.  My father was actually laughing about ADB
> (which he hasn't read and doesn't want to), saying
> Pete just wrote that to cover his tracks, and that
> everything he's said, and his track record of raising
> millions for the Teenage Cancer Trust and Maryville
> Academy, among others, are just ways of covering up
> his tracks.

Anna,

Of course we know that this view is nonsense.  I wouldn't "cover my tracks"
by giving away millions of dollars and I don't think your dad would either.

It makes me sad to read stories like this. I am finding in life more and more
that some people are more concerned  with *situations* than with *people*.

Knowing you are a fan, they should give Pete the benefit of the doubt at
least out of respect for you.

It is too common for people to react so easily. -To sum Pete up without
suffering all the hype he's known. I wonder how many people close to your dad
have died?  Suffering brings in either hardness, or depth in understanding.
The difficult part is that the most trouble in our lives usually comes from
the ones we love the most. Learn from this suffering and "use it" for the
rest of your life and stay open. This makes us able to be genuine help to
others instead of becoming duplicate rock-heads.

Jon in Mi.