Re: scary stuff, sad stuff

> I gather that Jeff has had a couple of lists and you guys had igtc,
> and you each stay on your turf and bad-mouth each other.  So now
> Schrade has invaded Jeff's turf over at Relayers, and Jeff is back
> to harrass you.

Good theory, but wrong.  I don't particularly *want* to go into all
this, but since people are constructing scenarios, I feel I should
have my say.  What happened was:

I got an email last week from Jeff containing an exchange he had on
Relayers in which I was being discussed & taken to task for having the
nerve to expect an apology from Pete.

My name wasn't specifically mentioned in the Relayers exchange but
Jeff politely pointed out in a preface that the conversation obviously
alluded to my "righteous indignation" (his words).

His email was kind of like a "Hey, I was putting you down on another
list & thought you might like to read it" kind of a thing.  Real nice.

I was somewhat taken aback because, while Jeff & I have had differences,
I didn't think our relationship had devolved into weird nastiness.

In fact, after Jeff left IGTC, I occasionally emailed him, asked how
he & his family were doing, & even offered to make copies of various
Who boots I was acquiring.  Those emails were always short, pleasant,
& polite.  Hence the confusion when I got that email last week pointing
out my "righteous indignation."

I had been offered the chance to join Relayers a couple of months ago
but didn't officially sign up until *after* I received that email from
Jeff.  I figured if I was being discussed on that list, it would be nice
to read it first-hand.

So now, thanks to Jeff & only Jeff, we're mired in this soap opera-ish
discussion about listers, attacks, past arguments, old grudges, & in-
fighting.  The same shit I admonished Mc for a while back (which, to his
credit, he's refrained from, as of late).

Hey, I, too, used to love Jeff's contributions to IGTC.  They were smart,
literate, well-written, & contained a fresh perspective.  Then he got
weird.  I can't explain.

- SCHRADE in Akron