Re: Why Water??

> Hey Scott,
> Why we collecting water reference songs?
> Why not references to nature things in general, like lawns, or trees,
> or birds, or the color of the sky?

1. Pete's varied & extensive use of water imagery has always intrigued me.
2. There seems to be many examples in his writing.
3. All encompassing nature references is too broad of a criteria.
4. By exploring the water theme I feel we'll come to better understand
   Pete's lyrical writing, how he uses imagery, what kind of tones he
   sets with imagery; and maybe it'll open up our eyes a bit as to the
   water imagery that we ourselves encounter in our lives on a daily basis.
   And maybe we'll be able to use all that knowledge to become deeper
   thinkers.

- SCHRADE in Akron