Re: C'mon, Give Me Good *RIPPLING* Water

>From: "Scott Schrade"
>Subject: Re: C'mon, Give Me Good *RIPPLING* Water
>
>> What else ripples? (Don't you dare say potato chips.)
>
>The wind, silly.  The wind ripples through the trees.

The wind most certainly does... not... *rrrrr*ipple.  *You* ripple!
The wind blows.
The wind puffs.
The wind gusts.
The wind shifts.
The wind dies.
The wind picks up.
The wind lifts.
The wind decends.
The wind comes (coming from the North)
The wind flukes (fluky wind)
The wind wafts (stinky wind).
The wind cuts (right through you).
The wind bites. (bighting wind).

But it doesn't ripple.

And Air doesn't ripple.
Rippling air?
What?
Never.

The air flows.
The air is still.
The air is thick.
The air stagnates.
The air ripples?  <snicker>   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  !!!!!!!!!!!

Where else have you ever heard anyone describe breath as rippling?
That's a Pete original.
It conjures up images of rippling brooks, kind of cascading over rocks, with
dewy trees, and slick stones on the shores.
It conjures up waves.  It conjures up a flow,
like......LIKE...........WATER.

And I thought water was a better conduit for sound than air.
Sonar is pretty powerful.
Just ask the whales!

>Kevin's upset!  Kevin's upset!  Na na na-na na!

"This sucks!  This is total BS!"   (Bulldog on Frazier)

Kevin in VT