Re: Karma and wait a durn minute here!

> Cut off your toes and see how well you can walk.

Jon:

As somone who, like you, believes in a higher power, I feel compelled to call you on this stuff. First, many animals walk just fine without toes. God could have come up with more efficient things than toes, but if it was evolution (as it clearly was) then the toes (the appendix, the gooseflesh, and a thousand other biological proofs we evolved from lower beings) then it all makes sense. Find out how little our DNA differs from that of a monkey, then we'll talk.

>Are you saying that my ancestors were monkeys?

There are certainly some people who qualify, that's all I'm going to say. You know I'm right. "Duh(cough)bya"

> Monkeys do not worship anything.

How do YOU know? Have you been to the Great Banana Altar they recently unearthed in South Africa? No? Well then...

> They aren't made in God's image, nor are they God's kind. Only man is.

Ooooh, only mankind can be so arrogant as to believe man was made in the Big G's image. I have to defer to Andy Partridge here: "Did you make mankind/After we made you..." Didn't Tommy teach you anything?

>The bible says that everything that God created multiplies after it's own kind.

It also says a lot of things that are clearly and unmistakably false. It is a book written by humans, and is therefore an inherently flawed document. The religions which have been created from this document are even MORE flawed. If you don't believe me, ask a priest...if you're brave enough to be alone with one...

> The evolutionists are talking things that belong to many thousands of years
ago or many thousands of years in the future, things which we will never see or

You've never been to the Museum of Natural History in Washington DC, have you? You need to go there, and quickly. Hell, even in the American History Museum you can see that in the last hundred years man has grown taller. And how about those wisdom teeth? Hey huh? Hey huh?

> The bible is a book of the present.

I'd LOVE to know how you arrive at that conclusion, considering how long ago the thing was written.

> The bible does not make irresponsible statements.

Man...I just don't have the time or space to list them all. But I'd bet Scott will make a start. Hey-Zeus H. Hockeysticks, dude, you opened yourself up big time there. A little levity is in order: "I used to be all messed up on drugs, now I'm all messed up on the Lord."

>I don't need science to prove
whether or not God's word is true.  If science agrees, then it proves science
was used accurately.

And if it doesn't, science wasn't used accurately? Is that what you're saying? What, do you think they blinded us with Science? This ain't the Thomas Dolby list, you know!

>welcome it.  But theories are proved and are sometimes disproved. They are
formed by men and men do make mistakes.  There is no doubt about this.

I agree. Even when, no ESPECIALLY when they create religions. And documents for said religions. Religions have been the cause of more death than any other single factor in the history of our sad race. Hey, you GO God! (editor's note: it's not actually God I'm blaming here but those who do these things in his name. Nor do I think God owes me an apology, although I would accept one if offered)

>How difficult it is for an intellectual person to humble himself!

But it's not impossible, as it is with religious zealots. Just ask Falwell about how wrong he was about Vince Foster. Or Bush about Iraq's WMD. Both "good Christians" those guys, right? How about Billy Graham's feelings about Jews? Whadda prince, that guy. And so on, and so forth.

> What are *you* scared of?

Sometimes turnabout is NOT fair play, Jon. Go to the church of your choice. Just don't make me go too.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.