Re: tag lines and support

In a message dated 6/25/2003 2:58:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
seahawkman2001@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> But it also doesn't mean I'm going to
> pretend everything's OK when his only public
> statements since he was able to speak openly display
> the arrogance and self-pity that are the hallmarks of
> an addict in denial.

 Ken, do you possibly deep down think he is addicted to child porn? I know I
asked you this before and you vehemently denied this, but I get a sense that
you somehow think this is related to an addiction.  You seem to understand how
powerful addictions are and by listening to you I can tell you've touched ways
to deal with them.

Pete is a drug addict and an alcoholic.  Surely he knows his share about
treatment and the signs of denial that show up to deflect attention to the
problem.

He used a credit card one time.  Is this an addict?  What are we fearing?
Why would so much anger and frustration surface with this mistake if we didn't
think that there was more to it?  Is it because you are embarrassed about what
people think or is it because you think that there is more to it than we know
and he is in denial?  Denial that it was wrong about using the credit card to
access the site and break the law?  I never felt that he thought that.  He
admitted as much.  It was a mistake.  Can you let it go at that or do you think
that there is more?

This is why I am at peace with his reaction, I don't see any evidence to show
that he was lying.  He told us the truth.

Sometimes it's hard to know how to take care of everyone involved in a
situation so easily.  Pete was shown to be a pedophile all over the world. It really
happened to him. That is not true! He brought this all on himself by doing
what he did and he is already paying.  But it shouldn't come across like it has.
He now knows full well who is a friend and who is not.  He should apologize
to himself.

I know the feeling of helping someone and have them blaming me for what
*they* are doing. I've had situations that are so upside down that I couldn't
believe my eyes or ears.  I've seen lawyers accuse me of things before a judge that
absolutely did not happen and have the judge believe that side as though it
really did! And I paid. I know how it feels to be wronged and not have any
acknowledgment about it.  We all know this feeling. But we aren't world famous
(except Keets) ;)  so how could we be so quick to judge what he should do?  If I
didn't know my little secret, there may have been some dead people in my
situation.  I'm not kidding.

Roger, the Phoenix Survivors (now) and many more know he is an asset to the
cause.  When a person is shell-shocked they don't need demands and questions,
they need love and understanding. That isn't burying heads in the sand, its
expressing humanity for a dude that was hurt very badly.

Jon in Mi