Re: Karma and sin

In a message dated 6/25/2003 8:27:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Kevin.ONeal@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> That's not fair Jo.

All is fair in love and war.....

<If Pete *really* wanted to do the best thing to get past this, he would post
a diary entry where he talks about how he erred in judgement by accessing the
site and paying for said access.  How *no one* should do this.  >

Pete has said what he felt.  Everything he has said has made me proud of him.
 I don't know, maybe you and I are reading different diary entries, but, I
was pleased with what he said.

<Instead, we get a Pete who is obviously having difficulty gaining control of
his emotions, and instead of calming down >

Sounds like he'd fit in around here!

I won't follow anyone blindly.  I want what's best for Pete.
Don't anyone dare question my love or fandom.
My runs so deep, I don't think you'd understand.
And I know Scott's runs that deep too.

I guess if I accept Pete as a human who makes mistakes, that makes me blind.
A.....ok.

I do understand.  I understand the depth.  I also understand there is an
obvious divide here about what is interpreted as "love" or "fandom".  I know I
wouldn't appreciate anyone questioning mine.....

I still *don't* understand the hostility and anger that you and Scott and
others have towards Pete.  I just don't feel it.

I see Pete as someone who in the process of trying to help, he made a stupid
mistake.  But, the accent is on "someone who was trying to help"...not "stupid
mistake".  I believe he was a victim of abuse, and in the process of trying
to make sure it wouldn't happen to others, via the internet, he stepped on a
land mine, on accident.  Kind of like friendly fire.  In the fury of the war,
he
accidentally misfired.  But, he is a soldier, fighting the war, and for that,
I salute him.

That is the way I see it.
Jo