Re: agree and disagree

At 06:53 PM 6/23/03 -0500, you wrote:
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:48:17 -0600
From: Steve <seeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

How about knowing that the best part of your career and talent are behind
you?

Good points all Steve,

Thanks.

except for this one, which caught my attention. As to talent, I saw no evidence that either John's talent or playing ability were declining, or that he thought they were.

I agree - in fact I thought his talents were coming to the forefront in the band from 1996 Quad tour on - more 'lead time' etc. What I implied (right word?) was that in his mid 50's, he quite possibly would have seen his peers (at least some of them) deteriorate in ability and stamina (read into that what you will :)), and he may have done some questioning - many men do it - its called a mid life crisis - the future holds for all of us.....

As to the best part of his career being behind him, that's at least debatable. I never asked him about it. You could say the glory days of The Who were behind them in 2002, but even that isn't clear.

Well, with a new album, could they fill a stadium with new fans, or the same crowd as the last years? Could they expect to reach a new audience with a message (and I feel so much of their music is a message) that the younger generation would hear (from mid-50's grey hairs)?

Could they expect a distribution of same?

This crowd would hope so.

Two new songs in the can, a new album a strong rumor, and a return to the blazing balls-out rock that was The Who in their prime, evidenced by the English dates in February 2002, (which I believe was John's precondition for touring with The Who)...not marks of a band in decline, in my book.

I respect your opinion - especially as a fellow fan. And I would like to agree with it.....

Steve

Cheers,
--
Alan