Re: Daltrey rides again Montreal Gazette

I think we have to be careful as this comment gets thrown around a lot
but never really analyzed.

The public sees the pictures of Pete being hauled away & thinks, "Oh look,
they're trying to make an example of that celebrity."  But that's only
because *the press* was there to cover it.
I think the number of police that went out to arrest Pete indicated that it was a photo op. What was it? Twelve? Fifteen? And they sent seven the week before to arrest a group of terrorists. Well, it's a very BIG house, they said. ;)

> I'm sure the Home Office is REALLY, REALLY sorry that Pete put those
> credit card numbers into the Landslide database.

Home Office?
That's the UK government department in charge of law enforcement, the Home Secretary being David Blunkett. Similar to the US Department of Justice.

Without any doubt, Mr. Blunkett has an Excedrin headache here. On the one side is that knee-jerk, reactionary bunch against kiddy fiddlers, and on the other is a whining bunch of Whofans, and now the Phoenix Survivors have piled on.

> ....if Phoenix Survivors manages to reform the Sex Offender's list it
> will provide a real tool for the police to use, and that it will be
> Pete's single biggest accomplishment in his fight against child porn.

But if Phoenix Survivors do the work, how does that make it *Pete's* ac-
complishment?  He's merely a pawn in this new campaign, isn't he?
You could say that, but also you could consider him the trigger for it.

keets