Re: The Wave

> Apply to what end? QUAD is a cry for help, as far as I can tell.

But it mirrors our own personal cry for help.  Pete has focused our
feelings.  Focused our confusion.  You see yourself when you see
The Who.

I suppose that's why people become fans; they see themselves in the band members. But how does this relate to meaning in Pete's writing? It's something the fans supply for themselves.

One thing about these pieces--they can give us insight into the thoughts of others. The people who should be listening to QUAD are the parents of teens who could gain insight, as you say, into the lonliness of their children. Something that children should take from it is the dead-end quality of the parents' lives and their problems in living within the system--lonliness and despondence aren't just a symptom of the teen years, and parents always want something better for their children.

I've heard some listers complain about Pete's writing style, but when he finishes up with his characters, they're very real.

keets