Re: Why do they call Rhodesia Rhodesia?

> > Just as I listened to Scott when he told me that you were a 'good
> > guy', I would hope you would listen to both of us when I (I'm sure
> > Schrade would agree) say that Mark is a good guy.
>
> Thank you Scott, that was very nice of you to go to bat for me.

That's why they call me "Mr. Switzerland!"  ;-)

> But you see, Schrade owes me anyway - I saved his life back in Nam.

Nam, Ohio.  My foot was caught in a tree root.  Had Jim not come along,
I could've been trapped there for minutes!  Sadly, my Keds (at least
the right one) couldn't be saved.

> And what do you mean by "listen to both of us"?  Scott hasn't contacted
> me to defend Mark.

OK, I'm contacting you now.  Mark's a good guy.  He really is.  Sure he's
arrogant.  But so am I.  So are a lot of people.  Sure he's opinionated.
But so am I.  So are a lot of people.  Sure he's argumentative.  But so
am I.  So are a lot of people.  Sure he's stubborn.  But so am I.  So are
a lot of people.  Sure he's all fucked up on politics.  We're all fucked
up on something.  I'm fucked up on science & the universe.  We're *all*
fucked up on The Who!

I understand why you're not pleased with Mark.  You guys got into a spat
a while back, lines were drawn, & hostilities ensued.  Too many insults
have flown for there to be any kind of a peace settlement, I guess.  I
understand that.

So, go ahead, flail away at each other.  We can't stop you.  I, however,
will choose to like you both!  Ha ha!  That's how Mr. Switzerland plays
it.  That is, until somebody fucks with Mr. Switzerland directly.  Then
he gets all nasty on yo' ass!  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron

I do not value any view of the universe into which man & the institutions
of man enter very largely & absorb much of the attention.
    - Henry David Thoreau, 1852