Re: The Wave

> Also, it seems as if the child could be the man as a child, his more
> innocent self reminding him of its existence.

Now you're finding meaning in the piece!  What gives?!

I was wondering about any connotations implied by the use of two estab-
lishments in the story:  the film industry (personified by the film
producer) & the art scene (touched on in the art gallery side-story).

Both establishments seem eager to benefit from, or at least commandeer,
the man's suffering (real or fictionalized) & use it to further their
own agendas.

Might the film industry be seen as a metaphor for the press, which in
some cases refuses to acknowledge the good, the pure (the child's wave)
& only seems concerned with what "market research" indicates the public
wants?

And might the art gallery be a metaphor for the anti-child abuse char-
ities who, while operating under good intentions, still make use of
people's suffering to strengthen their own mission?

- SCHRADE in Akron

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
     - Frank Lloyd Wright