Re: IOW Editing

> > The IOW concert video/DVD; why are two of the best performances missing
> > from the film?  Specifically, why did they edit out Amazing
Jouney/Sparks
> > and Naked Eye?

It was held for the IOW movie exclusively.  Don't know about A. Journey, but
there is no complete footage of the concert. Trinifold originally didn't
want to release it all.  During The Who's set cameras ran out of film and
some camermen slept.  Remember they were the last band starting at 2am and
the crew had been up for quite a while.  Very few if any of the songs have
complete footage.  To get around this they either cut the songs down or used
footage from others songs to fill in the gaps.  The latter is why you hear
Pete taking a solo while you see him playing chords
and such.

The other thing is on the DVD they added an insane amount of crowd noise and
made up noise from the studio.  This is why you see a shot of a girl in the
crowd laughing and you "hear" her laughing, this was added  while working on
the DVD some 25 years later.  Do you really think you could hear any one
individual in the crowd while 1970 era Who were on stage!? :)  I had the
opportunity to watch the IOW video with the original
audio prior to the "overdubs" and it was a much better experience.   The 2CD
set doesn't have the crowd
"enhancements".

Bruce