Re: love ain't for keepin'

In a message dated 7/4/2003 11:48:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bushchoked@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm not sure our climates are that different. Maybe yours is drier. How
> southern in California are you? I'm in South Carolina...Myrtle Beach, where the
> Baba Center is...and it barely gets cold here even in January. Like 40
> degrees is REALLY cold. This time of year, it's deadly hot. Low hundreds, usually
> (not so far this year, though). Wrath Of God thunderstorms every afternoon.
>
> Mark,

Our climates may actually be similar.  I am in South Temecula, which is Just
North of San Diego, which is South East of where I grew up and lived until
about 10 years ago, Orange County, about 5-10 miles from the ocean.  Temecula is
consider low desert with lows in 40's....high's in the summer, low 100's.(but
it ain't dry heat).

Besides, it's the climate in England that would steer the meaning of the
song. I've never been, so I'm only speculating.

Very true, but where we live and what we are used to effects our
interpretation of the lyrics of the song.  Unless of course, we were world travelers and
experienced the climate in England.

On the other hand, Pete has written about California in more than one
song......dang, I wish we could ask him these things so we wouldn't have to wonder.
But, if that were the case, we'd have hardly anything to discuss on the list!

Jo