Re: The Dark Times

> I found some comment today that the court must consider the artistic
> merit of photos, etc. and I'm reminded of the Mapplethorpe trial a
> few years back where the offending photos included one of a little
> girl holding her dress up.

Good point.  "Artistic" photos of nude children are very legal, and
books by "photographers" who specialize in such "art" can be purchased
in big-city bookstores and even from the larger internet book sellers
like Amazon.com & Barnes & Nobles.

There's a thin line between art & porn, as we all know, however.  Nude
pics of children are legal under the guise of "photographic art" as long
as the photos don't show the children engaged in any sexual activity.

It's the sex acts which constitute illegality.

- SCHRADE in Akron