Re: The Dark Times

In a message dated 1/22/03 10:20:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> Hey, a healthy dose of skepticism can never go amiss, but, am I right
> in inferring that your opinion on the matter has changed since last
> week?

No, I haven't changed my mind at all. However, inside I have remained open.
My mindset has always been that I *believe* he is innocent, and I am  pissed
that before we really know, he is paying an incredible price.  But I, like
everyone else do not *know* all the facts or what really happened.  I was not
in the room.  The Pete that I know and the one that wrote A Different bomb
would not do such a thing and I have no reason to assume he would.

Pete is against child pornography.  I am certain of this.  Does he have a
problem because of something in his past?  Who can know.  It is unfair for
anyone to accuse him publicly for something that they do not know yet.  I
believe his story.

As I said earlier, why would he lie publicly if he really did do something
sinister?  That would be the stupidest thing of all.  Like Clinton saying "I
never had sex with that woman" That statement is what made me lose my respect
for him. With all the bashing he took from the republicans, I felt bad for
him. They did it out of political motivation.  It stunk.  He would have
impressed me if he would have just come clean and said "Man, I'm a man and I
just got weak. I'm sorry" But of course, politicians cannot say the truth
like that.  If he had, every man in the world would understand if they were
*honest*.  Most are not honest.  Most are motivated by some other force.

This is not just some weakness of infidelity. They are calling Pete a
perverted monster.  It ain't even natural.  A demon Pete is fighting?  Pete
is not strong enough to do this alone.  I care about Pete.  He has been on my
prayer list for 21 years now.  I am not joking. If by some horrific turn of
events he is branded this by undeniable evidence, I will agree that he should
be dealt with and *helped* -and then I will pray for him even more. I will
never stop. I am not so naive as to think that there is not an enemy. Pete is
just a man.

Pete is not a politician.  I thank God for that!  This may be what ends up
saving him in the long run.  He is also an honest seeker that is not content
to see things the way that they are, in a sort of blind state of dormancy and
numbness to what is *really* going on.  Like we are all on anesthetic on an
operating table being sliced up and we are laughing about it.  Pete opened
his mouth and said- "Hey, we're being destroyed!" and some say: "BOR-ING.
Weirdo.  I am too busy. Oh, you must be a pervert!"  Why do we not consider
our own lives that much?  Pete did get some attention this time.

Jon in Mi.