Re: The Dark Times

>>> drjimmy_mrjim@hotmail.com 01/21/03 05:42PM >>>
This is a hard time on a billion different levels for us, The Faithful.<<<

Absolutely.

>>>I believe Pete's account of his actions and I will stand by him, as it
appears now.  But what if the police find more?  What if his computer
incriminates him and proves what our deepest fears regarding him warn?<<<

Well, that's the question.  What do we do if if if the "worst" turns out to be
true?  do we disown Pete and the Who and burn our collections????  do we tear
out part of ourselves and condemn it?

Or do we attempt to understand what happened, how the demons he has battled
and achieved progressive victory over in two realms shifted into another realm
of addiction?  No matter what happens or turns out, we KNOW Pete is at heart a
good man and is fighting the good fight.  No one has ever said he isn't
complicated.

I've had disagreements with White Fang and will continue to, I'm sure.  But I
absolutely concur with the statement on his page:

UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT FOR PETE TOWNSHEND

No "what ifs" necessary.

Ken in MD