Re: The Dark Times

Hey, Mister Jim, we know who you are, very
schizophrenic, huh. Send regards to Mr. Townshend. And
tell him that the truth is being disclosed, and the
truth will prevail, whatever it be. Give me water,
water, and maybe, somebody's daughter. It's me, for a
moment... very weirdo, huh. Who are we to judge! God
only knows... but you know that time is passing, and
the moment passed away... that was left only the vice,
the nostalgia, the rememberings... sad, huh!

--- Jim Sigel <drjimmy_mrjim@hotmail.com> escreveu: >
Hey all, hope you're all well.  Been away and/or
> lurking for sometime now.
> Life has been good, despite some of the usual
> hurdles, but the State of The
> Who, particularly Mr. Townshend has really put a
> wild mindfuck on your humble
> narrator.  But first, kudos and congrats to everyone
> who did what they could
> to show support for Pete.  Especially Lela, Johanna,
> Jon, et al.  Nice work;
> it felt good knowing that something could and was
> being done at a time when I
> personally felt rather helpless and powerless to do
> anything about it.  I
> don't think Pete is a pedophile.  A knucklehead yes,
> but a creep who gets his
> evil jollies out of child porn?  I just can't
> believe it.  Maybe WON'T believe
> it, but somewhere deep down I think it's impossible.
>
> This is a hard time on a billion different levels
> for us, The Faithful.  Scott
> Schrade's current state is a perfect example of what
> it's like to be a
> disciple of Pete Townshend nowadays - anger,
> despair, humiliation, confusion,
> etc, etc, but hope (I hope), as well.  It's tough
> right now, real tough; I'm
> still sort of reeling from it.  A whirlwind of
> feeling and thought and
> uncertainty within my own mind has been echoed by
> just about everyone here at
> one point or another, and I've gotten a sort of
> healing from reading
> everyone's posts.  Well, most everyone's - the
> current trend in
> paranoid-liberal grandstanding is old and tired.
> But like that other bad
> time, less than a year ago when the Ox checked out,
> The Who list has been
> helpful and healing.
>
> I don't know if it's been touched on here, but
> what's hit me deepest has been
> shock of this entire odyssey down to my central
> core.  It's very hard to put
> into words, but to put it plainly, the man who has
> written the soundtrack of
> my life; the man who has been one of the few true
> inspirations to me, has been
> accused of arguably the most unforgivable of crimes.
>  A crime in which,
> whether he's guilty or innocent, he's finished as
> the man we knew him to be.
> The man who's inspired and touched each one of us
> here in one way or another,
> gone.  I believe Pete's account of his actions and I
> will stand by him, as it
> appears now.  But what if the police find more?
> What if his computer
> incriminates him and proves what our deepest fears
> regarding him warn?  I
> think this is the depth of my personal agony over
> this nightmare.
>
> Aside from very few others throughout my lifetime,
> Pete Townshend has perhaps
> had the strongest influence on my life.  Like many
> of us, Pete's art has been
> a way of life to us.  He's a part of us, it doesn't
> matter that we may have
> [...]

Busca Yahoo!
O melhor lugar para encontrar tudo o que vocj procura na Internet
http://br.busca.yahoo.com/