Re: The Dark Times

In a message dated 1/21/03 5:44:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
drjimmy_mrjim@hotmail.com writes:

> Aside from very few others throughout my lifetime, Pete Townshend has
> perhaps
> had the strongest influence on my life.  Like many of us, Pete's art has
> been
> a way of life to us.  He's a part of us, it doesn't matter that we may have
> never have met him.  He's in us.  He and his art are a part of me.  Which
> is
> where the terrible dilemma enters the picture.  If he's guilty of such an
> awful thing and, paradoxically, a true part of me, then what does that say
> about me?

Man, I didn't get your name (sorry) but that post just gave me chills.  Thank
you very much.

I feel very much the same way.  I am comforted by the fact that the "few
others" in my life have already prepared me for either outcome.

I honestly feel that Pete is being straight up with us. If he is not, I will
be shocked that he was so bold to say a lie so plainly in the world
spotlight.  That would be worse than just admitting it.

Jon in Mi.