Leno boycott

>From: "Neil E. Weissman" <neilweissman@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: Leno boycott
>
>>My point was about the jokes and how Leno pokes fun at a lot of people,
>>not the individual cases.  Every night he is making fun of a celebrity or
>>what a celebrity does.  Unfortunately for Townshend, and fans, this is
>going to happen.
>
>From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Leno boycott
>
>Oh, I understand what you are saying.  Of course. But if people start
>throwing shit, they better expect to get hit back. That's OUR job.

At some point, there is a line that is crossed.  I haven't read Leno's
"jokes" (don't have the desire or stomach) and his time slot is way past my
bed time these days, but at some point making jokes and eluding that Pete is
a pedophile crosses the line and becomes irresponsible and down right
slanderous.  It falsely convicts someone of something without *any* due
process.
I would imagine that Leno needs to be *very* careful what he says.  It's a
law suit begging to happen.

Always eager to offer a couple of cents.
Kevin in VT