Re: Defending Pete

>What on Earth are you talking about?

Mc:

It's very simple. Leslie posted a reaction to Pete's dilemma that someone sent her, an extremely stupid and typical conservative reaction, I pointed out that it was a typical stupid yadda yadda statement and backed myself up with other evidence, and got jumped by Leslie (who to be fair thought I was targeting her personally) and you. Do you understand now? If not, I can't help you.

When you wrote this, trying to change the meaning of what I said (as conservatives always do):

>That's right, let's turn Pete's crisis into an opportunity to make ignorant, over-generalized, and inaccurate comments about conservatives

So your attempt to change the reason for my post into something it was not thereby making it something that shouldn't be on the list. And you're still doing so! Of course, the reason you reacted so is because I hit the nail on the head so well, was so completely accurate, and your only defense is to try to disqualify the truth of my statements...I understand. It's got to be hard, nay impossible to defend such a stance.

> as those who never think through their statements and opinions and simply react

Well, that IS what it is. You may not like it, but reality is reality. It is an unthinking statement and it is from a conservative. You know, sort of like one which might say that if Strom Thurmond had been elected we wouldn't have had all those problems. Not much of a difference, is there? This isn't the first or the last time we'll get such a statement from conservatives.

> It's not conservatives who have treated Pete unfairly thusfar, it's a host of liberals,

Yeah, of course, who else would use the word "liberal" to insult someone but a liberal? The "liberal media." As usual, you're right on the money.

>And exactly who is my "hero"? Didn't quite get that one.

What, you don't know who said "You're either with us or against us."? Dude.

NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!!

                              Cheers             ML