"I think this is a pile of shit..."

I'm watching the Golden Globe Awards.

Richard Gere:

I'm not a huge fan of Richard Gere, but I thought he would be
outspoken enough to mention that Pete is getting the shaft. After all,
he did pontificate about the Dalai Lama a few years back, and took an
unpopular stance as a pacifist at the Concert for New York. No such luck!

Bono:
Next I notice that Bono is there. He's presenting an award for Gangs of
New York. He's a Pete fan, and a fellow musician. He'll certainly
take this opportunity. He's preached about every cause from 3rd world debt
to bullets raining down in mud huts. No dice!

Elton:
Elton's going to present for the best score. Excellent! He's already spoken
out about this. He loves Pete! He's a Knight. Sir Elton, say it ain't so! Let
the world know what you already know. Pete is the victim of a confused
and desperate undertaking. Nothing.

Edge:
Bono and Edge are receiving the award that Elton presented. It's your second
chance Bono. Nothing. He does yield to Edge, but Edge - being permitted
by Bono to speak for the first time in public has other things on his mind,
then the man that basically mentored his entire sustained note repertoire.

O for 4 so far.

Eric Clapton should get his ass over to NY and do every talk show that will
have him. Play a number, and defend Pete. Mobilize people, mobilize!

First they came for Townshend....Then the came for me

Joe in Philly