More *pessimistic!* Responses, More *Gloomy!* Thoughts

>From: "Schrade, Scott"
>Subject: Re: More *pessimistic!* Responses, More *Gloomy!* Thoughts
>
>The ones I'll meet tonight when I go out for drinks.

We'll want a full report.

>> It's the police *I'm* pissed at.
>
>Why?  Pete's not pissed at them.  Read below what he said in the Sun
>interview:

Yeah, I know about that quote.  I never claimed to be a better man than
Pete.  But, really, this could have been handled in a much better way than
leaking to the media that "a wellknown pop star..bla, bla, bla was on the
list".
Why not a call to Mr. Townshend?
What, were they afraid he would flee?

>You think the people you personally talk to will have read those art-
>icles?  Don't you understand?  The damage is done.  Pete's fucked.

There's a whole bunch of people reading the Boston Harold.

>We can argue & explain until we're blue in the face.

That would be cool.  To actually be blue in the face.

>The majority of them don't.

My take,....if they heard the initial headlines, they'll hear any follow-up.
Take my friend Jack for example.  You know, Jack from Hershey.
He heard it on the radio.
He called with a snicker.
He then heard that Pete wasn't charged.
He's now calling asking what the deal is.
And Jack *lives* to give me shit.

If the police don't charge Pete, there will be a statement by them
explaining why.
That statement will be back on the headlines.
He'll hear it then.

This is how anyone who is paying the slightest bit of attention will get
the *whole* story.
Yes, there will always be an "association" of Pete to kiddie porn.  People
won't forget this occurance.  But,they will also remember how it turned
out.

>People still think he's gay, for Christ's sake!

Yeah, but Pete never came out and denied it!  Not until just last year,
for Lucifer's sake!!!

>Yes, they are.  Most are idiots.

Bahahahahaha!  You're bad.

>Midwest?  He's in Utah & I'm in Ohio!

Hey, you know the world disappears beyond The East Coast.

>I'm fighting!  I'll fight tonight!  I really will.  I couldn't live
>with myself if I didn't.  It won't do a bit of good, but I'm sure as
>hell gonna fight.

Well, let us know how it goes.

>Exonerated from what?  He committed a crime.  He paid to go on a child
>porn site.  He'll be punished to some degree.

That's the big question.
And here's where we get away from the debate about people and their
perceptions and attention spans, and back to the reality of it all.

What *will* the police do.

It's my strong hope, due to what they find, and more importantly what they
don't find, on Pete's computers, that somehow the police will see that if
they charge this guy....a major figure in music and English society, a guy
that was pretty damn close to being knighted, they would be ruining his
life for nothing.  For doing research with the intent on using what he
found to help do away with this sort of thing.  *That's* the reality.

I have no way of knowing what the police will do.  I just have to have
hope that they'll do the *right* thing.

The *right* thing is to have a press conference, explain why they are not
charing Pete due to his comittment to helping eliminate child porn, and
warn others they are watching.

>> Try and stay away from the Jaeger tonight.
>
>Good advice for any night out!  ;-)

Hell, I may even have a shot of Tequila tonight.

Kevin in VT