Re: Thanks to Keets and the rest of you sword swingers.

Just want to thank Keets for really keeping the heat on.
You started it girl, and kept it going to all corners of Who-ville.
Thanks also to everyone who's been writing and sending E's, and faxing.
It's making a dent.
The proof is there.
Thanks, but it's really the fans who are doing it. I'm glad the operation was underway before Pete's chatboard crashed. Whew. Somewhere out there are 17,000 fans emailing away. I hope, anyway! :)

I want to comment on a couple of things.

Keets, I too am wondering if Pete in some sort of sub-conscious or even
conscious way decided to go ahead and really make himself the focus so as to bring the spot light onto this cause he is obviously very dedicated to. He had to have paused for a good spell to contemplate the ramifications of giving his credit card number. Am I right by thinking that the "A different Bomb - Revisited" was posted *prior* to his using his card? It's close. If this is true, it tells me it was a calculated move. Pete....Is....NOT....a dumb man. He's one of the most intelligent and cunning people I've read. His mind is a blurr with activity. He had to have known what was going to happen. Then, again, he states.."I *feared* this might happen". So, "the plot thickens".
Quite a SOB, isn't he? Regardless of whether or not he stopped to think first. ;)

I'd love to speculate further on this, but maybe we shouldn't until the court case is over. Some folks on another list had a brief mention of what should be discussed on a list with public archives. Dave V.S. says he closed all his archives for the duration to make the discussion private.

Oh, and am I the only one looking at The Australian in disbelief?
They believe viewing kiddie porn should be protected as a right to
privacy???? Oh my God, that's not the sort of "support" Pete needs right now.

Yeah, I kind of had that thought, too. There certainly are lots of different points of view here. Do you suppose that's the prevailing view in Oz?

keets

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail