Roger on Jonnie Walker show BBC2 radio 02/27/03

Roger came bounding into the studio, "knackered." His
mood is good, but he's been up and down
"It's been the most traumatic 9 months of my life."
"John lived to play"
They decided to continue tour within 4 hours of
hearing of JAE's death.
The audience at Hollywood Bowl gave them a real lift.
There was a full moon that night, no stars, and the
moon lit up the audience like angels.  They had a
great time on the tour.  Had very kind words for Pino.

The Who have raised 2 million pounds for TCT and built
seven new wards just for teens with cancer.  NHS does
not make separate provision for teens yet they are a
vital part of society.  Teens go through an incredibly
tough time, lots of pressure from all directions.
Those in these wards experience 15% better recovery
than if they were in regular wards.  Aiming to build
28 wards dedicated to them.

The Moon movie is coming along "slowly but surely."
A special version of WAY is supposed to be on the way
but Rog doesn't know anything about it!
Tommy is being remixed in 5.1

Is the Who going into the studio?  Rog: yeah later
this year.

Paraphrase:
Pete is really well.  You have to know PT and how much
work he done in AA NA and I just know he is telling
the truth.  What ever hes been accused of he's telling
the truth.  He won't let you down.  You have to weigh
up all he's done against this.  What worries Roger is
that you are guilty until proven innocent, trial by
tabloid is appaling.  No one abhors child abuse more
than Pete does.  Hes been arrogant and stupid but that
is not a crime.  We aren't going away - he's not going
away. Pete admits he's been naive.  It could have been
easy for him to have ducked this, thrown his computer
into the sea. Said someone stole his cc. But he didn't
But he faced up to it.

I'm fine about it because I know he's innocent.
Roger may do some guest vocalist duties at the TCT
shows.
Played "Just a Boy" and "I'm Free" and "Overture.

Ken in MD

=====
UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT FOR PETE TOWNSHEND.
NO 'What Ifs' NECESSARY.
.
.
.