Keith vs classic rock drummers

I have been watching some old Stones, Kinks and Beatles videos in preparation for my band's big transformation.  We have decided to scrap the semi-Who, semi-classic rock coverband concept and go all out as a classic rock tribute band, doing 4-5 song tributes to the monster rock bands, which includes The Who (likely to be our finale), complete with costumes and antics.
In any event, I couldn't help but notice the stark contrast between how Ringo and Watts played, very basic time keeping with a few uncomplicated fills, and what Keith did (many complicated fills and rolls played in time).  Keith's drumming was so unique and wonderful, I have never heard anyone play quite like him in any era.  He was an absolute virtuoso, having genius come out of him without his even realizing it.  He could just play like no other before or since.  I used to not notice the drums when listening to music, except in obvious spots, but after getting into the Who I find myself comparing everything I hear to Keith Moon.  All one has to do is listen Kenney Jones Who and the difference is plain as day.  This is nothing against Kenney, a great drummer, but who could take Moon's spot?  Hell, it took over 20 years for the band to take another stab at playing with another drummer without the big-band, orchestral thing going (1989 and 96).  It seems Zak has been just the medicine The Who needed to return to the band's true rock roots.  Keith must be proud of what Zak has done for his band.
Mc