Re: Who's Last

----- Original Message ----- From: "simon malia"

> So, I finally got this one about six months after the event too. Utter
> pants. Crap version of "I Can't Explain" - howwwww????? Lousy, dead,
deadly,
> bored, wide-screen stadium-rock sound - lousy efforts. Just NOT what The
Who
> ever meant to me.

Speaking of live versions of I Can't Explain with Kenney Jones on drums, I
went back and watched my copy of the Rockpalast video after Scott nominated
it as the band's best available performance with Kenney on drums.  I got an
mpeg video of the show up to 5:15 off of the internet a few months ago.  I
did think it was a good show, and it's good to hear some of the Face Dances
tunes that they only really played on that tour.

What was I talking about?  Oh, yeah, I Can't Explain.  Funny thing about
that was that they added some pauses in between lines of the chorus.  It was
like, "I can't explain...da da da dum...I think it's love...do do do
dee...tryin'a say to you...do do do do...when I feel blue..."  It totally
threw me off. All I can say is I'm glad that experiment didn't last too
long.

Another funny thing was just before You Better You Bet, a fan who ran up on
stage and handed Pete what looked like a joint.  He just looked at it,
smiled, gave it to someone and said "thanks anyway" into the mic.  But,
overall I'd have to agree, it looks like a good show for that era.  Thanks
for the recommendation, Scott.  I'd love to work out how to tranfer the
mpeg to a cd so that I could watch it on my DVD player, if anyone knows
how.

Jim M