Re: forget face dances what is everyones opinion of WHO's LAST?

I don't think WHO'S LAST is a dismal as some people make it out to be but
it is a weak live album - especially for The Who.  I like certain tracks.
I like WGFA, "My Generation," "Baba" (I like that Jones puts a roll after
the "Sally, take my hand" line.  I don't know why.  I just like that.)

> The sound quality is awful.  I don't know if that's just my LP or what.

No, it's the LP.  The mix is pretty bad.  The vocal levels drop down at
times, John's bass sounds diluted, & Pete's guitar sounds thin.  But a lot
of that might be the *recording* rather than the mix.

Plus, it has that vast "arena sound" to it which gives it a very impersonal
feel.  It's like The Who's KISS ALIVE II!  But I shouldn't be too critical.
I'm sure they did the best they could with what they had.

> Is the CD any better?  Can anyone comment on if it sounds anywhere near
> as good as the bonus tracks on It's Hard?

I have it on CD & if I remember (!) the CD sounds pretty much the same as
the vinyl - thin & impersonal.  No beefiness.

> But, I don't think we're done with Face Dances yet, are we?

Pert near.  Besides, I think we're all intelligent enough to manage a few
discussions at one time.  ;-)

Now,....what were we originally talking about?  Alan Alda?

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/