Sources of PT songs - not complaining

Hi y'all out there in electron land. Steve here in snowy Canada - knee deep powder on the slopes today.

But, alas, that is not why I submit to the list.

I was listening to 'The Best of Slim Harpo' (Rhino release), and I heard it - 'I'm The Face' at least the music. Slim's tune is "I've Got Love If You Want It" (also done by the Kinks) by James Moore and released in 1957.

Now I know most of you are aware of this - and it does fit the patterns of the mid-60's music (British) history (Stones et al recording etc), but I thought I'd mention it simply because I was listening to Slim in the background, and the tune caught me off guard - I love those lightbulb connections.

Have a good week everyone.

Steve