Re: The TOMMY Movie

In a message dated 12/10/2003 10:50:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm sorry, but I love the TOMMY movie.  I know many hate it.  But I find
it fascinating & only mildly slow in certain places.
That one grew on me. I refused to see it for years because it had other
people singing Who songs on it.  The soundtrack horrified me when I read the label
as a boy.  I loved Tommy so much that I couldn't bear to have it tainted in
any way. I mean it.  I didn't want those precious songs to be destroyed in my
mind by pop stars.

Then I grew up and after many things that I wanted to keep perfect were blown
to bits, I realized that it wasn't that big of a deal. ;-)

I like the movie more and more every time I see it.  The faces that Oliver
Reed makes are priceless. The Christmas scene is my favorite.  It makes a joke
of a real joke. Drunk people playing a game with horns and funny hats
pretending to honor Someone that they never honor and a kid that is in another world
safe from it all. The Marilyn Monroe idol in the church service show the real
situation that goes on but with lights on.  I laughed when I first saw that.

Jon in Mi.