[no subject]

Canaday Residents Fight, Break Window
By RYAN J. KUO
Crimson Staff Writer

An incident between Canaday roommates left two summer
school students recovering from glass cuts Wednesday
in University Health Services.

Zachariah Germaniuk and Justin Feldman got into a
scuffle in a Canaday A hallwayand soon the two had
broken and fallen through a large first-floor window,
still tangled arm and leg with each other.

Germaniuk said he was talking to his friends in the
hall when Feldman walked up to a girl who was drinking
from a water fountain and pinched her buttocks.

Basically slapped her ass, pretty much, he said,
and began touching her hair.

He said it was not the first time Feldman had acted in
this manner.

[She] was very visibly upset, told him to stop; I did
the same thing, as did my friend Marshall, he said,
referring to fellow Summer School student Marshall
Roch.

Subsequently, Germaniuk said Feldman began to advance
towards his friend. I felt that Marshall was being
threatened, he said

As he moved to intervene, Germaniuk said he tripped in
the narrow space, which was strewn with custodial
supplies.

In the ensuing domino effect, as it were, [Justin]
ended up going through the window and I was hanging
onto his legs, he said.

Germaniuk said he realized it had been a horrible,
horrible misunderstanding and mistake when he thought
Feldman was in danger of dying.

Both students were treated for glass cuts, after which
they met separately with Assistant Dean Keith Moon to
discuss what had transpired.

Germaniuk said administrators will meet about the
incident.

He said that although Feldman initially thought he had
been pushed through the window on purpose, he and
Germaniuk have since reconciled their antagonism.

I just want this to be over as quickly as possible so
we can all go back to the business of learning, he
said.

Feldman did not respond to repeated requests for comment.