Re: Egocentrism run amuck! :-)

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:25:15 -0400
From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>

 >From: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
 >Year and city graduated high school:  1973, Austin

Damn!  You old fart!  ;-)
To paraphrase a country song, I may be old, but it's kept me from dying :-).

 >I wore a black armband the next day, then burned it and buried the
ashes under a tree in my front yard.
Obviously not the same black arm band worn at Boston I 2002 for John. But, did you partake in the same burning ritual?
No, I just threw it away after I got back home. By the time of Boston I I'd had time to get used to the idea of John being gone. But wearing one for John was definitely inspired by the one for Keith. Keith's was made of a strip of a white T-shirt, dyed with black RIT dye,while John's was silk. More convenient :-).

This past tour was so surreal.
Seeing you wearing a black arm-band is part of my top memories from this last tour.
It was a one-off, I only wore it for my first post-John show. Glad you were there.

 >Love animals of all sorts.

Even humans?  ;-) I prefer Labs myself.
Humans are OK, nothing against them. I find animals more predictable, but humans keep me on my toes :-).

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true"