Roger & Pete as Heroes

>From: Ken in MD
>Subject: Re: Roger & Pete as Heroes
>
>This seems to be the prevailing climate about Pete as
>well.  People have tired of it, almost like its an
>inconvenience that they wish would just fade from
>memory.  It bothers me that nothing has been
>announced, they certainly didn't waste any time in
>clearing that Del Naja or whatever his name was... :-(

*THANK* You!
It's hard to get cheery about Roger being recognized for whatever with this
dark cloud continuing (AND CONTINUING!  ON AND ON AND ON!) to hang over
Pete, and thus all of The Who (Roger, John, Keith and the entire glorious
past).
Every friggin' day I come here HOPING to see a post about an official
statement by the UK Police.  Something!
Instead, I hear accolades about Roger.
Well, that's all very nice and good, but damn it sure pisses me off to no
end that it seems the UK police are trying to let their major fuck up just
fade away quietly.
I'm glad for Roger, but let's face it, all this other chatter is us passing
time until this child porn thang is straightened out.
And now all of John's stuff, Who artifacts, are being auctioned off to the
highest bidder.

And what sucks about Roger being deemed a hero is that if this child porn
thing hadn't happened, chances are very good that Pete and Zak and whoever
would have been at the TCT concert again.

I'm not a happy Who-camper these days.

Kevin in VT