Who tears of Joy & Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon

In a message dated 4/19/2003 7:13:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> What brought on this sudden change of heart?  Any ideas?  Did he sit down
> and really watch the NYC DVD by any chance?  :)

Hi Keets,

I am not sure exactly.  Except that I told him, a few months before I got
that DVD, that when he disposed of my extensive Who LP collection when I was
about 14, that it didn't effect my love for their music and if anything, I am
more of a fan now then ever.  My dad is a musician, but when I was a
teenager, and was being rebellious, he felt that the Who music I listened to
was making me rebel.  At some point, I think he might have read something or
saw something about Pete Townsend that appealed to him from a
guitarist/musician point of view.  Then when I loaned him the DVD, for the
purpose of trying out his new DVD player, he insisted on skipping forward to
the Who's performance.  I was so shocked.  I thought he'd watch for a minute
and then turn it to something else.  He watched every Who song!!!  I was
practically brought to tears of joy.  He asked questions and commented on how
Zak looked like his dad.  I was so completely blown away.  A moment I will
cherish for sure.  Today, he put it on in front of my whole family and again
skipped to the Who part.  What a rush!

Regarding the Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon article, I got that from the Fox
News website.  It came from Eric Burns who hosts a show on the weekends that
is my absolute favorite show on Fox.  It is called Fox News Watch.  There are
a few conservatives, like Cal Thomas, and a few liberal media experts.  The
point of the show is to discuss how the stories of the past week were
reported, on Fox as well as on other news shows.  They talk about stuff like
if a story was over-reported or what mistakes were made by journalist,
including those on Fox,etc.  Like I said, there are both right and left
points of view so you get both sides (fair and balanced!).  I love that show
and if you haven't seen it Lela, I bet you would like it too.  It is only
aired on the weekends.

:)!!!

Jo